Mental Health Kit: Be Kind to Yourself and Others
The purpose of the kit is to teach students about mental wellness. Children and youth today are experiencing more stress and anxiety than ever before. It is important that children develop the skills to enhance their mental well-being. The kit includeds 11 lesson plans as well as take home materials.
This Kit has ready to go lesson plans and supporting materials to teach children about mental wellness. Each lesson plan has take home activities to support learning at home as well as assessment strategies for the teacher.
The 11 lesson plans are:
- All Dolled Up
- Healthy Communication: Dinner Talk
- Picturing Hope
- Humour for Health
- Peer Relationships: Bullying
- Peer Relationships: Friendship
- Physical Activity and Mental Wellness: Move your Mood
- Resiliency: Chain of Support
- Resiliency: Feel Good Box
- Stress: Chicken Juggling 101
- Stress: Listening to My Inner Voice