Healthy Schools = Healthy Futures
HEALTHY SCHOOLS = HAPPY FUTURES – Regional School Health Champion Workshop
On May 13 network and get inspired with health champions and health professionals from around the region! Featuring keynote speaker and past educator, Joyce Sunada. In this talk, Joyce will motivate staff to “Be well” and take care of themselves. She will also bring awareness of the effect their wellness has on their family, students and school community. This fun-filled day also includes breakout sessions for school staff, led by experienced local and provincial educators. We will also have a short presentation from one of your student wellness teams. This workshop is free with mileage and sub time covered by our partner school jurisdictions.
Be sure to register (click here) by Friday, May 6!
Joyce Sunada has been an educator for over 30 years, she was a teacher, an administrator and the Schools Coordinator for Ever Active Schools. She has devoted many years to creating and supporting healthy school communities throughout the province.
After ignoring her own wellness, Joyce was forced to take a medical leave from teaching. She now realizes the importance of her well-being and the impact (OR Ripple Effect) it had on her family and school community!
Her favourite wellness practices include running, biking, yoga, hanging out with her sisters and spending time with her husband and three amazing daughters!
Joyce currently provides professional development and individual wellness coaching for educators. Her purpose in life is: to inspire, empower and ignite educators to live joyful, fulfilling lives.
- Health professionals and other members of the community welcome.
- Dress comfortably, ready to move.
- Full day sub time for one teacher per school is provided for teachers in Grasslands, SD76 and MHCBE. Sub time for 10 PRSD teachers available.
- Mileage reimbursement available for one vehicle per school if required.
- Please pack a healthy bag lunch or purchase your lunch from the cafeteria.
- If you have any additional questions/concerns please contact Sonya Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org